Resolving Business Disputes
At McMichael, Medlin, D'Anna, Wedgeworth & Lafargue, LLC, we represent businesses in Louisiana who are engaged in commercial disputes. Four of our attorneys provide business litigation assistance, each bringing more than 35 years of legal experience to the team.
Contact us today to talk with a business litigation attorney about your business dispute or commercial litigation need. Our business litigators work in state and federal courts.
Business And Commercial Litigation
We offer skilled defense or prosecution in court in a wide range of cases, including:
- Business contract disputes and breach of contract claims
- Unfair business practices
- Antitrust litigation
- Employment litigation, including breach of covenants against competition and noncompete agreements
- Intellectual property disputes, and copyright and trademark litigation
- Insurance litigation and bad faith insurance claim disputes
- Management and shareholder disputes
- Creditors’ rights in bankruptcy proceedings
- Collections and foreclosures
- Oil and gas contract and leasing disputes
Health Care Litigation
A growing segment of our business law practice involves the representation of health care entities — hospitals, clinics and physicians. Because of the unique nature of this area of law, our lawyers represent clients across the country.
The complexity of relationships among providers and insurers, and the constant financial pressure toward cost containment that characterizes our nation’s health care system, are two of the leading contributors to legal disputes. We represent all types of health care entities and individual providers experiencing disputes regarding:
- Business practices, including payment of claims and governance issues
- Employment contracts, staffing privileges and workforce reduction
- Insurance issues, including arbitrary termination from HMOs or MCOs
- Health care fraud claims
- Contractual disputes and prompt payment disputes
- Antitrust litigation and claims of anti-competitive conduct among health care organizations or concentrated practice groups
Set Up A Consultation Today
Get the strong legal representation you deserve. We invite you to arrange an initial consultation. Simply call our Shreveport office at 318-221-1004 or contact us by email.